Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Rainbow Birthday!

Hello and Happy Saturday!  I'm back for the third time this week (sick me yet?) to share a little something with you :)

I decided that I wanted to use my stamps to make the background on this card and so I chose a birthday sentiment in a simple font from the Make a Wish set and stamped it over and over, staggering the placement of each line, with my different colors of ink pads.  I wanted that to be the main focus so when it came time to embellish I kept things pretty simple and just added a few items. 



That scalloped piece is by October Afternoon, the flags are Basic Grey and the ribbon is May Arts.  The star is old, and I can't remember where it came from (sorry!).  Looks like Fancy Pants to me though.  The background paper that I stamped over is my Simple Stories. 

I like this one a lot and I can see myself doing this technique over and over again with different stamps and sentiments.  It really didn't take long at all because I just had everything set out and ready to go.  My ink pads were all lined up in order and my stamp cleaning pad was used in between each color so it went fast.  This would be a lot of fun on a small card with a plain white background as well.  Try it out the next time you're in your crafty space!

Have a fun Saturday!  See you next week!

No comments: