Monday, June 3, 2013

Father's Day Shifting Gears




Hi everyone! I hope you aren't suffering too much from the Monday Blues! :-)

Father's Day is fast approaching so today I'm bringing you a great card for Dad featuring the Gel-à-Tins Shifting Gears set!

I went for a CAS-meets-grunge effect and came up with this:



Perfect for an engineer or geek dad huh?!


I started with some silver cardstock and embossed the gears using a brass embossing powder. Then I tried something new - sprinkled embossing! I dipped a wide, flat, soft brush into my embossing powder and tapped it above the card base to sprinkle on the powder before heating it. Love how this turned out!


To finish up the design I rubbed a couple of different grey inkpads over the card to dirty it up a little, then embossed a Father's Day sentiment - and that's all there is to it!


Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Shifting Gears

Other:

World's Greatest Dad stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
Pressed Greige Linen & I Steel Got It inks (Clear And Simple Stamps), Versamark ink (Tsukineko)
Sterling Silver cardstock (Clear And Simple Stamps)

Metallic Brass embossing powder (WOW!)


I'm looking forward to seeing you again when I next post! Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: