Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Father's Day (or any day) Brostache Card

I can't even tell you how much fun I had making this silly card.  I still love the mustache trend (even though I know it has been around for a while now).  It just makes me smile.  Around here we like to give out mustaches as party favors and my sister-in-law even threw my brother a "brostache" themed birthday party a year or two ago.  We're dorks.  I know.  When I saw the Mustache Mania stamp set I knew that I had to have it.


I used the stamps with a light brown distress ink over the patterned paper to make this look for the card base.  I knew that the card was going to be pretty busy, but I still thought that it could use more mustaches!


The ink, ribbon, twine, pen, buttons and stamps were not in the paper kit by MAMBI, but everything else was, including that hilarious mustache on a stick.  I didn't put a real sentiment on this card, but I think that I can choose whether to give this to my brother for Father's Day or for his birthday and it will work either way now. 

Everything is put together with my awesome Xyron adhesives (mostly the Mega Runner on this one).  And when I finished I had a big smile on my face.  I hope you like it too!  Have a great week!

No comments: