Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mini Flakes Fireworks!



Hi everyone! How are you doing?

Today I'm sharing a funky card I made using the Gel-à-Tins Mini Retro Flakes and Mini Fancy Flakes sets!

I still see fireworks when I look at these little flakes! Maybe it's just me?! But anyway, I'm alright with that when it means I can create cards like this:


How funky is that?! I even managed to sneak in some trends while I was at it - with neon and ombre making an appearance!



I started by stamping my landmarks silhouette in black in and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. I then stamped all my flakes using watermark ink and heat embossing.


Next I blended my neon inks onto my card to create that fantastic sky! After that all I did was add the numbers at the top and that's all that was needed! I know it's been 2013 for quite some time but that doesn't mean we can't still celebrate a good year so far, right?!



Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Mini Retro Flakes, Mini Fancy Flakes

Other:
International Skyline stamp (Hero Arts), Headline Alphabet stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
Neon Pink, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange inks (Hero Arts), Versafine Onyx Black ink, Versamark ink (Tsukineko)
Stamper's Select White cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Clear Semi Dull Embossing Powder (WOW!)


I'll be back again soon to share another project, have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: