Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Cherry On Top

I can't get enough of this 'Sweet Cakes' clear stamp set from gel-a-tins!. There are so many combinations you can make with these twelve stamps that you will never be stuck for inspiration. I wanted to add a little lift to this card so I used the stamps to make a decoupage cupcake. Yummy!

Image

Products Used

Gel a tins 'Sweet Cakes' Clear Stamps
Docrafts 'The Little Cake Shoppe Collection' Papers
Twinery 'Pink Sorbet'
Cherry Charm from Stock
Staz-On Black Ink Pad
Xyron 9" Creative Station
Xyron Mega Runner
Foam Pads
Letraset Promarkers
Anitas glitter square stickers

To create the decoupage cupcake I stamped the image three times on white card and coloured in with the Letraset Promarkers and I placed the first image on top of the cut and layered base paper that was stuck down after running through the Xyron 9" Creative Station

Image

Then gradually I added my layers to achieve the decoupage effect.

Image

Image

Image

I added the glitter square around the cupcake and I then cut out the 'cherry on top' topper and threaded the twiner twine through the bottom before sticking to the right corner of the blue layer of paper.

Image

Then I tied the cherry to the bottom of the twine and held in place with a foam pad.

Image

I fan folded a strip of contrasting green paper and applied to the card using the Xyron Mega Runner.

Image.

And that's It!. Isn't it sweet!.

No comments: