Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ombre Butterflies

Hey everyone! Welcome to another Gel-à-Tins post!

I'm back today with a lovely little card that's right on trend!

Ombre is really big right now in crafting. You've probably seen it in a few different places now in blogland. Ombre is characterised by a graduation in colours in the same colour palette. I decided to combine this latest trend with the adorable Gelly Jr's Flutterby stamp to create today's beauty:

Image

I love how how this turned out!! I can definitely see this working in lots of different colour palettes!

Image

I started with a white card base and stamped the cute butterfly in various shades in the yellow/orange family. I was quite happy for the butterflies to overlap as it just added to the medley!

Image

When I had completely covered the card front I adhered a layer of vellum to it to give a nice soft finish. I then stamped the sentiment using brown ink.

Image

As a final finishing touch I added some rhinestones and a fussy-cut butterfly floating off the front! I made sure to stamp him using a mix of my colours and onto vellum to continue the floaty theme.


Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Flutterby stamp set

Other:
Think Big Favourites #5 stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Canyon Clay and Dark Chocolate inks (Papertrey Ink)
Stamper's Select White cardstock, Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Pinflair Glue Gel (Olba)
Rhinestones
Scor-Tape

I'd love to know what you think of this little card. I just love how it echoes Autumn and falling leaves.

Thanks for fluttering by!!

No comments: