Friday, August 17, 2012

Let's Party!

Image

Hello, everyone! I am here today to share a card featuring the Hot Flames stamp from the gelly jr's collection.

When I saw this stamp, I had many ideas come to mind for cards and invitations. I decided to go with this cute skate that would make a great card or invitation for a girl's skating birthday party. The flame image gives it that perfect touch. Every pair of skates needs a flame!

To make the skate, I used a photograph for inspiration. I made a paper piecing pattern, and then cut out the parts of the skate using different colors of cardstock. The laces are twine wrapped around tiny, black brads.

To make the flame, I dabbed pink ink on the one end of the stamp, then blue ink on the other end of the stamp. The inks blend in the middle to form purple. When stamped onto white cardstock, you can see the color variations. I cut it out and adhered it to the skate.

The circle card base is pink cardstock and purple patterned paper.

I added a sentiment by using rub-ons and a notebook patterned paper.

I hope you enjoyed this fun card. Now it's time to party!
-Kim F.

SUPPLIES:
Hot Flames stamp by Gel-a-tins gelly jr's collection

Other:
Cardstock by Prism
Patterned Paper by Die Cuts With A View
Pink Twine by Martha Stewart
Black Brads
Letter Rub-ons by American Crafts
Chalk Ink by Colorbox
Circle Cutter (used to make the card base) by Martha Stewart
Circle Punch (used to make the wheels)

No comments: