Friday, August 10, 2012

Back to School cards!

Hey all!  It's Jessica here with some fun little back to school cards that I put together. 


I was thinking that it would be fun to have some little cards ready to go for when I needed to send a thank you note to the teacher or for when I wanted to put a nice note in a lunch box for one of the boys.


The elements and papers are all from a pad by Echo Park called "School Daze."  I saw it at the LSS and fell in love, so it came home with me :)


I used my Xyron to attach everything and layered some of the embellishments with some foam adhesive that I made with my Xyron.


There are some Karen Foster brads and Twinery Twine in there too.  I love the look twine adds to a card!


This is a close-up of my back to school apples :)  I stamped the solid apple from the Sweet to the Core set in red then I stamped over it with the Love Knots stamp and brown ink.  I really like the texture this added to the apples.

I hope you're enjoying your summer (and school too, if you're already back like we are).  Be sure to stop by out Facebook page for info about contests and prizes!

Supplies Used:
gel-a-tins:  Sweet to the Core, Chevron-Tastic, Love Knots
Xyron: 2" Runner, Mega Runner, 150
Echo Park: School Daze paper pad
Karen Foster: brads
Inks:  Distress Ink, Staz-On, Stampin' Up
Twine: The Twinery
Misc: ribbon, tape

1 comment:

Jessica Pascarella said...

I love the idea of the woodgrain stamp on the apple!