Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Love Knots for Dad

Hello out there in blog land! Can you believe it's already June?!? We're half way through the year. Where has the time gone?

We are a little over a week away from Father's Day here in the US. I like to make my husband a card from me for Father's Day. I know that Father's Day is for kids to remind their fathers why they appreciate them, but I like to also remind my husband that I see how great of a father he is to our daughter.

Image

Supplies Used:
Love Knots stamp - gel-a-tin stamps
watermark ink - versamark
clear embossing powder - Stampin' Up
chipboard - Maya Road
buttons - random from my jar o buttons
Modeling Paste

At first glance, the hearts in the Love Knots set made me think of a feminine project. I have a hard time mixing hearts into guy projects. But, I knew that it would work perfect for a card that was given out of LOVE!

I used the Love Knots background stamp to create the background for my card. I stamped it with watermark ink, then added clear embossing powder. I wanted to add texture with this stamp, but I wanted it to be subtle on the background.

I sometimes struggle to add embellishment to masculine projects because I am a glitter and bling lover! One of my favorite embellishments to add for a guy are buttons. For this card, I stuck the buttons in a straight row, then stitched them on with twine. This row of buttons served two purposes. First, was embellishment. Second, the placement was to cover a mistake! I was a little off with seaming the background stamps together on this card, so I made sure that my buttons covered the gap! If there is one thing that I can teach someone about stamping, it's that mistakes happen and it's ok! Keep going with your creation and see where it goes!

Image

Finally, I wanted to use the boy potty person on the card. The smaller keychain people that Maya Road sold had a hole in the middle of the head. To cover that and add more texture to my card, I dabbed modeling paste all over the chipboard. Once it dried I added mist over the top to add color.

Image

I look forward to seeing what everyone creates with this fun background stamp!

1 comment:

Jessica Pascarella said...

Great card for men of all ages! Wonderful job!