Friday, March 16, 2012

Sweet to the core!

Happy Friday to you all! 

My card today may only have a little green in it (you know, if you're thinking about St. Patrick's Day tomorrow) but it would definitely bring a smile to a friend's face.

This Sweet to the Core stamp set is so cute and versatile and I really like using it on my cards and layouts.  I hope you like what I made to share today!



I started by stamping some solid red apples and solid green pears onto white cardstock.  Then I went back and stamped the black background on them all.  I added the sentiment in black ink as well and then cut everything out.  I layered all the elements on my card and then added that fun red bow.  all you have to do to get that look is tie your bow, leaving a long tail on the loose end and then keep tying bows over the top until you have the look you want.  The stitching detail was just done free-hand with a black pen.  Quick and easy and very fun, I think.

Keep an eye out for our next DT call!  This has been a really great group of girls to work with, but now it's your chance to be a part of our team from May through October of this year.  The call goes out this weekend for the next gel-a-tinas!

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Echo Park and Scenic Route
Ink: Stampin Up and Staz-On
Ribbon: May Arts
Adhesive: Xyron
Pen: Sakura
Paper swirls: Bazzill
Pins: Maya Road

1 comment:

Sudha said...

So sweet. LOve this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.in/p/shop.html