Thursday, March 8, 2012

Card kit for kids

I have such a fun project and a story to share today!

Be prepared...LOT OF PICTURES!!

I am using the set called ELEPHANT GARDEN (ahem, again? Yes, I LOVE THIS SET!)

Image

I am using this tin I had left over from something. I am also using some mini cards and envelopes.

Image

To begin, I had gotten this sweet not from a friends little one and I was so touched and impressed by the thoughtfulness of the note.

There is no way they could have known my slight obsession with Mr. ROY G BIV, so that made this thank you note even more special.
Image

It occurred to me that this sweet little one must do this often, sending notes or appreciation etc, and I thought I could make her a little card kit of her own.

Hence, today's project!

To start I needed to make a SAMPLE for her to follow so I used some of the ELEPHANT GARDEN STAMPS and created a random background on my card front.

Since I am making a rainbow themed card kit, I will make each card with the colors of the rainbow, you'll understand in a few more pictures.

Image

Here is the completed sample card.

Image

Inside each card I have placed this lined paper so she can write a little note.
Image

Here are all the cards for her to make with the pieces she will need.

Image

I tried to keep it all real simple and everything already has the adhesive attached.

I added a little place for her to sign the backs of her cards too.
Image

Each card has an envelope, they are all done in black so she does not need to fuss about matching those up with the right card.

Image

Now for the tin, I am using some chipboard and this wonderful paper ribbon. The ribbon is from PAPER JACKS and you can find them here. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Paperjacks
Image

I stamped the background and painted and inked the chipboard pieces.

Image

Then I took the paper ribbon and the chipboard letter and embossed them with black images.

Image

 Here is the completed tin, now to get everything stuffed in the tin.

Image

 Here is what it looks like when opened.

Image

 Here is the tin is all complete, all cards and sample are tucked safely inside.

Image

The tin was a little too fat to stay closed, so I just added the ribbon but as the cards are used and given away, the tin will be able to stay closed on its own.

Image

One last look, what do you think...will she like it??

Image

Well, that is it for me today! Again...head on over to Gel a Tins and that is where you can purchase this set for yourself.

Image

Be sure to head on over to Gel A Tins Blog and see what other things our Design Team ladies have made with all the fun Gel A Tins stamps.

Thanks for stopping by today.

This has been Jeannie with The Polka Cabana http://polkacabana.wordpress.com with today's post.

No comments: