Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Wishing You A Sweet Day" Card by Donna

I hope everyone is having a great 2012 so far. Today I'm sharing a girly and glittery cupcake card with you. The stamp set I used is called Sweet Cakes and just love the all the "sweet" images in this set.

This card is 4 x 4. To make it I cut 4x4 panel of Dotted Swiss paper in an aqua color and adhered it to my card. I wanted paper with a little texture to add some interest to the card. Then I cut a scalloped circle using fun pink glitter paper and put it on the card. I stamped the top and bottom of the cupcake and the cherry on white paper and cut them out. I colored the cherry with a Lipstick Red Copic marker and the bottom of the cupcake with a mint green Copic marker. For the top of the cupcake I covered it with Frosted Lace Stickles and left it to dry for several hours. When you use this much glitter glue it takes a while for it to dry and you need to make sure it's dry before touching it or you'll put a "hole" in your glittery icing! I die cut a pink card stock circle and stamped the sentiment on the circle. I adhered the cupcake and cherry to the circle with foam tape to give it some dimension.

Thanks for stopping by the Gel-a-tins blog today. If you get a chance, come on over to my blog http://thecraftycorgi.blogspot.com for some more Gel-a-tin inspiration!

Materials
Card stock - Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Decorative Paper - Dotted Swiss - Mermaid - Bazzill Basics
Glitter Paper - Blush - American Crafts
Stamp Set - Sweet Cakes - Gel-a-ting
Ink - Tuxedo Black - Memento
Markers - Lipstick Red, Mint Green - Copic
Glitter Glue - Frosted Lace - Stickles
Foam Tape - Stampin' Dimensionals - Stampin' Up
Dies - Circle, Scallop Circle - Nestabilities

No comments: