Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year with Gel-a Tins

I am soooooooooooo excited I can hardly stand it!

I have new gel-à-tins to play with.

Today I am using the set called Pet Shop.

Here is a peek at the set.

Image

Here are the basic steps I took to create my card.

First I stamped the pig from the set 3 times in a pink ink.
Image

I knew that I wanted them raised, shiny and embossed, but I do not own a pink embossing powder. So what I did, after I stamped them in pink I quickly stamped the pigs again with clear embossing ink and then I embosses them with clear embossing powder to get this look, below.

Image

I then use the computer to create the phrase I wanted and then applied a path to the words to create a sense of movement.

Image

Here is the finished product.

Image

I was hoping to make it looks like the pigs were doing a flip, did it work?

Image

Here is a side view to see the layers I created, I love the dimension when there are lots of layers in a card.

Image

I just adored working with this set and can't wait to show you more things with the new sets I have to play with! Be sure to come back and see what set I use next time!


We'd love to hear from you. Leave a link in your comment if you'd like!

I'd love to hear your ideas!
This has been Jeannie with The Polka Cabanahttp://polkacabana.wordpress.com with today's post!

Have a "Gel" a riffic day!!

1 comment:

Romaine said...

Omgoodness, how cute is this set!? And yes, he is flipping for the new year! ;0)