Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hanging Valentine's treat box by Jessica

Hello everyone!  Jessica here with a pretty quick little Valentine's Day project for you. 
I have been looking for things that I can make and give to my kids for Valentine's Day, and it can be hard because we don't really make a big deal out of it, but I do like to do something special for them.  I know they appreciate this stuff (especially if the gift involves candy :)
I decided to make up these little treat boxes that would be perfect for hanging on a bedroom door as a special surprise in the morning.



The template is one that I ordered as part of a set from Oriental Trading, but you could do a search on the internet for free templates and you shouldn't have any problem finding something that would work.  I used a heavier cardstock type paper, and the A Hundred Hearts stamp set by gel-a-tins on this one.

Just cut out, score and ink the box, then attach the sides to put it together.  Add your stamped embellishments, and some other small accents, run some ribbon through punched holes on the top and this treat box is ready to be filled with candy!

I hope you like this, and all of our great DT work that we share on the blog.  Have a great day!

Supplies Used:
Stampin Up ink
BoBunny paper
Box Template by Oriental Trading
Heart accents by Recollections
Ribbon by May Arts and Michael's
Heart punch by Stampin Up
Adhesive by Xyron
Flower by Hobby Lobby

No comments: