Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stamping and sewing with Jeannie!

Here I am today on this thrilling Thursday with a post to get your creative mojo going.

I am using the set Sweet Cakes.

To start with this project, I stamped the cupcake base and phrase and scanned it into my computer.

I then made the cupcake base in 3 colors and enlarged the phrase so that is almost 2x as big as the original.

I put the printer on mirror mode and printed the images onto some t-shirt transfer paper.

Image

I knew I wanted to have the cupcake tops in 3 different prints, so I put some fusible web on the back of my fabrics.
Image

I trimmed the excess fabric off, so that when I stamped the front of the fabric, no matter where, I knew I would have the fusible web for stabilization on the back.
Image

Here are my tops ready to be trimmed, however I will only trim the bottom of the cupcakes at this point.
Image

With the tops ready to go, I need to iron on my cupcake liners and phrase.
Image

Here they are ready to go.
Image

I do not like to used the iron on adhesives, so I just tacked the tops down with some Fabri Tac.
Image

Next step is to satin-stitch along the cupcake top's outlines.

Image

Here you can see they are all stitched and now I need to trim off the excess fabric. I choose to do it this way because it is easier for me to stitch when I have a bit of a "buffer zone".

Image

Cupcakes are done.
Image

Here is the happy girl with her new outfit.

Image

I think this is such a fun way to use stamps.

Image

She agrees!
Image

What stamps do you have lying around that you could try something like this with?

Image

Think of the possibilities, they are endless!
Image

If you think you might try it out, you have to let us know and give us a link to come and see your creation!

This has been Jeannie with The Polka Cabana http://polkacabana.wordpress.com with today's post!

I hope you are inspired to do something fun.

No comments: