Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Making A "Krafty" Thank You Card with Donna


Christmas is over, the gifts have been opened and now it's time to send the thank you cards. So this week I've made quick and easy "Krafty" thank you card using the Gel-a-tins Stamp Set 3-D Alphas. Just find some patterned paper that you like and you can make a set of these in no time.

To start, I stamped the letters for THANKS on a "Krafty" paper and cut them out. I really like this striped paper so I decided to use it over the whole card. I find papers with large patterns look best if you let the paper show so I don't like to cover them up with lots of embellishments. So I cut the striped paper to fit the card 5.5 x 4.25 inches and adhered it to a "Krafty" card base. Then I cut a 1.25 x 5.5 panel of the plain Kraft paper and adhered the letters to the panel. Then I cut a 1.75 x 5.5 panel of the polka dot paper - which is the back side of the striped paper and put it in the middle of the card and placed the panel with the letters on top of it.

I hope you like this "Krafty" thank you card. Stop by my blog http://thecraftycorgi.blogspot.com to see more cards made with Gel-a-tin stamps. And, Happy New Year to you! See you next Wednesday.

Materials
1. Card stock - Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up
2. Ink - Bravo Burgundy - Stampin' Up
3. Stamps - 3-D Alphas - Gel-a-tins
4. Patterned paper - KRAFT Happy Days "Icing" - My Minds Eye
5. Paper snips - Martha Stewart

No comments: