Thursday, November 17, 2011

More Sweet Cakes with Jeannie!

I thought that since last week when I used the set Sweet Cakes, I had used Shrink Film and the cupcakes were tiny.

So this week, I am using the stamps full size.

I decided to use coordinating papers from Authentique Paper - Fair Weather collection.

Image

I love using un-usual prints for things like cupcake card. I think it gives the card lots of personality when I use non-traditional types colors/prints for something like cupcakes.
Image

To describe briefly how I made this, let me start with the background.

I used an embossing folder on the white paper first, then I used gold ink here and there and used clear embossing powder to make the embossing shine.

After those steps were done, I sprayed some Tattered Angels on it and let it dry.

I then attached my ribbon and did the sewing around the edge

Image

For the cupcakes, I stamped them on different patterned papers, cut them out and adhered them to the gray paper. I had already distressed the gray paper and cut them to size.

I then adhered all the cupcakes to the card front, and embellished the cupcakes with dimensional glaze, glass beads and that sparkly white powder.

The final step was the phrase. It did not fit in the frame, so I stamped it again and went outside the frame as shown.
Image

I hope you like this card as much as I do. It is fun to come with different techniques to use on cards and I always enjoy sharing a tip or two.

I am enjoying working with Gel-a-Tins, they are simply wonderful!

This has been Jeannie with The Polka Cabana with today's post.

Supplies:

Printed Paper - Authentique Paper - Fair Weather

Black Cardstock - Stampin' Up!

DG3 Art Gel

Flowers #2 Embossing Folder - Sizzix

Glass Beads

Brownie Chocolate Delight - Sweet Stamps.com

Stampin' Up Denim Ribbon

Stampin' Up! Metal Frame

3m Dimensional Foam

Sewing Machine & Thread

No comments: