Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making coasters with Donna!

My stamp set for this month is called Fancy Doily. It comes with a great medallion stamp and three sentiments. When I was looking around Hobby Lobby the other day I saw this acrylic coaster and thought it might be the right size for the Medallion stamp in the Fancy Doily set , so I picked one up and here's what I came up with - seasonal coasters. I thought these coasters would be great to make as cute, simple and affordable gifts or you could make them to match your own decor. They're easy to make and you can switch them out and completely change the look any time.

Original coaster

It's really easy to make a coaster. Just take out the cork.


Cut out a 3 inch circle.


Emboss the medallion on the circle.

Place the circle with the embossed medallion in the coaster.


 Put in the cork back in and you're done!


 Here's my Fall Theme coaster. I used Pumpkin Pie card stock and embossed in gold.

This is my Christmas Theme coaster. I used Wild Wasabi card stock and embossed in Cherry Cobbler.


And finally, here's my Valentine Theme coaster. It used to be a card. I created a bright pink background using alcohol inks and embossed in white. But, the card didn't work out for me so I cut out the white medallion and used it here.

These coasters were so affordable, fun and easy to make. Let me know if you get a chance to make some. I would love to see them.

Materials
1. Acrylic Coaster - The Paper Studio
2. Stamp Set - Fancy Doily - Gel-a-tins
3. Embossing Powders - Cherry Cobbler, Gold, white - Stampin' Up
3. Card stock - Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up
4. Glossy White Paper - Ranger
5. Alcohol Inks - Ranger
6. Heat tool - Heat It - Ranger

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS idea and project!! Love this to bits! Thanks for the inspiration,Donna!