Monday, August 22, 2011

A card that looks good enough to eat!

Today I have another sweet card from DT member Gladys to share with you!  I love to bake and I have to admit that I still love all the cupcakes you see all over the Internet.  The best things about this one?  No calories and it won't melt in the summer heat!

"I have a Cupcake card for you! I am using the biggest button from the sewing kit set! Love how big it is! I added two leaves and dust some glitters! How cute is that! :)"


Supplies
Paper: White stamper cardstock, Echo park - Little girl and summer days 6x6 pattern paper
Stamp: Sewing kit from Gelatins
Ink: Memento Rose bud
Others:Palette stamp & stick glitter, leave, large scallop border die from pti, pom pom string

This is a project that I made with the Many Thanks set.  I love having wine glass charms for my guests, and the little stamps in this set made me think that I could make custom ones for Thanksgiving.



I used Tim Holtz acrylic fragments for the main parts of the charms.  I stamped onto cream patterned paper, colored in the stamps with markers and then ran them all through my Xyron upside down, so they'd be sticky on the stamped image.  I attached them to the tags, then trimmed around the edges and sealed the paper with Glossy Accents.  Just add a little color around the edge with a gold paint pen and a charm and jump ring and you can use ribbon to tie then around wine glasses.

Be sure to check out our Monthly Challenge!  You can win the set I used to make these charms!

1 comment:

BonBon said...

Oh my goodness- those wine glass charms are sooo cute!!!
and i love the shaped card too!!